Do you have a passion for travelling and love exploring ancient sites around the world? Would you like to share your personal travel experiences with others? If you’ve answered yes, we would love to hear from you! We welcome both emerging and established travel writers. Please read the guidelines below if you wish to have your writing featured on our site.
We Accept 2 Types of Travel Writers
Option #1 – Personal Travel Articles: Write articles based on your own personal adventure travel experiences at an ancient site(s) anywhere in the world. 2 to 5 coloured photo submissions may accompany your article if you wish. The photos must be taken by you.
Option #2 – Researched Based Travel Articles: These articles may include (but not limited to) information on an ancient site’s location, its history, its description, transportation to get there, adventure tours and activities, “best of” lists (e.g. Top 10 Ancient Sites to See In France), mysteries surrounding the site and/or culture and traditions (e.g. festivals, music, language, etc). Please note that for this option, we do not accept photo submissions. Instead, we will source the pictures to add to your published article(s).
Travel Article Guidelines
– Article length must be between 500 – 1000 words.
– Articles must cover an ancient site(s) anywhere in the world.
– All ancient sites you write about must be at least 500 years old.
– Approval for edits: By submitting a post to AncientDestinations.com, you are giving us permission to make any editorial changes necessary to your content.
– Approval for use by AncientDestinations.com: By submitting a guest post, you are giving AncientDestinations.com the right to use the content in other AncientDestinations.com ventures, such as marketing the site or in future ebooks, books and guides.
Important: Send only original content. All content you write must be original and not copied from other sources online and/or offline. The post must be unique and original to AncientDestinations.com otherwise it risks being removed at our discretion. The content you submit to AncientDestinations.com should not be posted anywhere else unless you get prior permission from us to do so.
How Do I Get Started?
Please send an email via our contact form with the subject GUEST POST.
Tell us briefly who you are.
State the title of your proposed post.
Outline the topic with a couple of bullet points.
*Don’t be offended if we reject your idea and/or article. It doesn’t mean we think your submission isn’t worthy – it just may not be the right fit for our website.
What Guest Writers Get In Return
– There is no monetary compensation for articles used however, all guest writers will have a personal bio included at the end of each post with links to their site and/or social media accounts.
– Writers retain the copyrights to their articles.
– We encourage you to share your article(s) on your own social media postings so that you can get as much exposure as possible!
*Guest posting is focused on individual traveller experiences and/or travel research conducted by individuals who wish to share their research findings with others who may want to learn more about an ancient site before they plan their adventure getaway.
If you are a company (or represent a company) looking for coverage on our site, please get in touch about advertising via our contact form.
Thanks again for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you all!